PLANiTULSA is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape the next 30 years of Tulsa's growth. This city-wide process to update Tulsa's Comprehensive Plan promises a new vision that is inclusive and reflects the needs and dreams of all our citizens.
The Comprehensive Plan guides the physical development of the city. Its policies will provide a framework within which individuals, businesses and public officials can make decisions that are consistent with the community's vision for the future.
We have to make sure that Tulsa grows in a healthy new way. In order to succeed, WE need YOU. Please explore our website for more information as we continue to craft the new Plan for Tulsa's future.
Tulsa is showing a new kind of energy.
Signs of a new momentum are everywhere:
- Interest is rapidly growing in sustainability and "green living"
- Tulsa leads the nation in Pre-K education
- Exciting new locally owned businesses are opening and jobs are expanding
- Vision 2025 projects are becoming a reality
- StepUp Tulsa brought bold suggestions from the private sector
- A new and vibrant City Hall is taking shape
- Tulsa Hills is spurring massive development on the West side
- The "re-greening" of our City is underway
Our hopes are:
- A thriving economy that makes our young people want to stay and raise their families here.
- An economy that can work equally well for all parts of the City
- New possibilities for transportation alternatives and easier, more convenient connections all across town
- A beautiful City that finds the right balance between development and preservation priorities
Like the blueprints of a new home, the guiding principles serve as a foundation for how Tulsa will move forward into a strong, well constructed and innovative future. As the “design process” for Tulsa moves forward, there will be fresh new beginnings and the flexibility to develop in new directions. But all of those beginnings and new directions are based on a solid, consistent foundation of community core values and shared philosophies – these are known as “guiding principles.” Read more...
The project started in April 2008, with an original completion target of December 2009. We're moving ahead as planned, with only a slight adjustment. Once public hearings begin in February 2010, the schedule will be controlled by the TMAPC and the City Council. Check out a graphical representation of the project team's timeline and milestones.